Thursday, April 3, 2008

Great Travel Quotes


As you know, I'm a passionate (understatement) traveler. I think travel, done well, expands your thinking and gladdens the soul. Over the years, I've collected quotes that resonate with me, that describe the way I feel about sojourning around this incredible world we live in. Enjoy! And if you have one to share, please do!

  • We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment. ~Hilaire Belloc
  • A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~Lao Tzu
  • For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move. ~Robert Louis Stevenson
  • If you look like your passport photo, you're too ill to travel. ~Will Kommen
(sidenote: I wish I still looked like my passport photo! I was several pounds lighter and 8 years younger! - note to self: start that diet now, I have to renew my passport soon.)
  • The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine

And my absolute favorite:

  • Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have traveled. ~Mohammed

I'm off to planning a relaxing cruise for next January. Let me know if you want to join us! Passionate travelers only!

1 comment:

blakecgriffin said...

I would like one cruise please. Is there a website where I could view your services?